Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, November 5, 2010

TGIF and all that Jazz!


It's finally Friday, but before we sing our "yeah is Friday" song, we have to get through the day.  First we'll get in some Kindergarden.  Yesterday's session was pretty intense with learning how to sound out words and beginner reading worksheets.  I can only hope that today is a little less on the intense side.  To say who was more proud of our accomplishments yesterday, me or Caleb, would be a hard one to call.  We were both grinning from ear to ear!  Sun, nut, Ann, Sam, have become our next best friends!!!

I can only chuckle at Caleb's imagination.  One of our new words we are learning is "nut".  We sound it out... "nnnn," "uuuu," "tttt," then put it together and say, "Acorn!!"  Well, at least according to Caleb that's what we say.  He's having a little trouble understanding the sounding out method....he can sound out quite a few words, but doesn't quite understand the putting the sounds together part.  So for now, I try not to gigle every time we say, "nnnn," "uuuu," "tttt," and he shouts, with great enthusiasm, "ACORN!"

An hour long appointment at a nutritionist awaits us later today. My healthy living changes began again back in Jun/July.  To that point I'd kept off 19 of the lbs I'd lost.  I have a system and while it's not always foolproof, I'm making slow progress.   My weight loss to date is now 35 lbs down.   In enters John with his desire to lose about 10 lbs and get healthier in order to feel better.  Kudo's to John for making the decision.  It's hard to get to that point.  Lord, I know.  His method and my current method aren't exactly in sync.  I count calories and exercise.  He's read up on it and has learned that low carb can be more ideal for the body.  Switching gears in mid-stream is not an easy thing for me.  But, because he wants to do this for us, I'm willing to try.  So, our trip to the nutritionist begins our journey in learning how to do this in the best way.  I already cry myself to sleep over the loss of rice, potatoe's, pasta, bread, sigh.....We can do this.  Well, I know John can - as he's been doing it.  I'm sensing it's going to be a LITTLE harder for ME!  Ha ha!

This mom gets to work the concession stand at the football game tonight.  With the weather as cool as it's been, I'm not really looking forward to it.  It is the last game of the season and I figured I needed to serve one of these events at least.  Randy's band receives $ from the concession stand to help the band.   I should do my part, right?  To guess whether it will be cold in there, or warm, I have no idea.  Let's just hope my math skills come back quickly and my brain loses the hazy fog that it tends to move around in on a daily basis!!

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, He got up, went out, and made His way to a deserted place.  And He was praying there.  Mark 1:35  

If only we could all remember to do this every day...Reading today's devotional in my "Journey" was like a shake to my world.  How can my day go any better than if I were to start it by spending time with my Lord...?  I don't think it can.

In His Name,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment