Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Laundry, Laundry Everywhere....

And not a shirt or sock to spare...


That's my life today. Piles of laundry, washer and dryer running....It makes a pretty nice background noise, don't you think? Rrmmm, rmmmm, swish, swish....BUZZZ!! For me it is also a sense of, lets see, what's the word??? Productivity! Yes, that's it! Productivity! I like that word. It is not usually one used to describe me though...I struggle to be productive. I have to make myself be productive. I have good intentions, I really do, but I lack a certain sense of organizational skills that could lend itself to helping me be PRODUCTIVE!

Okay - who loves laundry? Let's see a raise of hands! Me, me, me! Um, not really....I can't say that I love laundry, but I do love having clean clothes to wear. It's just the time consuming process that it takes to have clean clothes that I'm not sure I'm a big fan of...

Are you out there? Somewhere? The lone ranger who LOVES laundry??? Kudo's to you my sweet friend, if you exist! If you do, I would love to hear from you and maybe you'd be willing to share how you've come to feel that way. I wish I had more of that in me. The "suzie homemaker," "the everything in it's place," sort of person. That's me in my dream world, where I do it right all the time, every day...Ah, yes, I see it now. Clean floors, clean counter tops, clean table, bright and shiny surfaces, the sort that make you smile and sigh to yourself, ah, yes, pure cleanness.

Gotta love the vision. Do you have it, too? Either in your dream world, or maybe you are that person that does manage to accomplish that.

So what has inspired this sharing (if you will) and woe's of laundry...? I had a sweet lady that came by sometimes to help me out. She had a need and I had a need and we were able to help each other. She was only here a few times in the last few months, but she impacted my life in a big way. She would help me get organized, and having her here was like a shot of motivation. Well, my angel, P., had to tell me she couldn't come anymore. For her the reason is a blessing - her husband who has been out of work found a job and they only have one vehicle. Praise God for them as they needed it desperately.

What is the saying? You know the one....Some people are only in your lives for a moment and others for a lifetime...Something like that anyway. Well, P. was only in my life for a moment, but her stories of witnessing and the sharing of her deep love for our Lord were moments I will treasure forever. P. was a wonderful, Christian woman, down on her luck, but she inspired me constantly with her unfailing love and faith in our Lord.

I find it reassuring to know that God does love me. Imperfections and all. Lack of organizational skills and all. God loves ME. And He loves YOU, too!


How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1


As for me, I'm going to miss P....especially when I am mopping my floors.


In His Grace,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment