Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, November 11, 2010

All in a Days Work

What a blessing for the Parker's today to have Johnny home for a banker's holiday - Veteran's Day.  What a priviledge it is to start this entry with a note of appreciation to my dad, my brother and all the other veteran's out there who have served this amazing country!  We appreciate you all!

We started our day with a quick breakfast and then school was in session.  This was the first time Johnny was able to sit in and see what Caleb and I do every day.  It was an "okay" school day.  We worked some more on sounding out words.  Some days that's fun, other times, not so much.  Today was a not so much day.  I remind myself he is five.  It will come and it doesn't have to happen all in one day!

We wrapped up our school'n for the day at which time Caleb began his non-stop begging to go play a round of golf.  How can one resist such sweet brown eyes begging to play dad's favorite sport?  ;o)  We can't.  So, off we went and I was graciously told, "mom, you can come along if you want." 

Caleb played so well.  You will have to excuse my lack of knowing the appropriate golf lingo, but his best hit was a 60 yard drive off of the tee, followed by multiple drives (when your a little guy like Caleb, it takes a few drives to get the ball to the green) ranging from 55-65 yards each.   What a joy it was to watch him make one good shot after another.   I haven't gone with the guys the last couple of times they've played, so it was pretty neat to see today, just how much he's learned about golf ettiquette and such.  He's on the right track for sure.

A bit of time to rest and then we were off once again.  Randy and his theater arts department put on another play this evening.   This one was called Radium Girls.  Quite the drama  inspired by a true story from 1926, "Radium Girls traces the efforts of Grace Fryer, a dial painter, as she fights for her day in court. Her chief adversary is her former employer, Arthur Roeder, an idealistic man who cannot bring himself to believe that the same element that shrinks tumors could have anything to do with the terrifying rash of illnesses among his employees. As the case goes on, however, Grace finds herself battling not just with the U.S. Radium Corporation, but with her own family and friends, who fear that her campaign for justice will backfire."

Can I say I was ever so proud of Randy?  I can?   Good!  I am SO stink'n proud of him.  He had three rolls in this performance and played his parts wonderfully.  Out of all the actors and actresses on stage, I have to say Randy had one of the best voices and it projected awesomely. 

Did I mention I'm proud?  Oh, yes, I did.  Sorry...Here's a picture of Randy in costume!



Lastly, I feel compelled to mention that God was amazingly good to me today.  With a bit of, well, let's say, drama from a person in my family I haven't seen much of the last few years, I was feeling rather glum and struggling to work through the situation.  God jumped right in and said, wait, did I not tell you I would be here for you?  Reading today's "Journey" was a swift reminder that He is here, each and every day for us.  We just have to look for Him.  The scripture most affecting me today?

I am about to do something new; even now it is coming.  Do you not see it?  Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.  Isaiah 43:19

(Taken from my Journey) - When we face those disappointments that life brings and leaves us feeling empty-handed, broken, and alone - we have to remember to give God our disappointments.  Pour out your heart to Him and ask Him to direct you to new places, new dreams, and new opportunites.  He WILL do something new and amazing!

Unsuspectingly, I went to my Journey today to find the EXACT thing I needed.  EXACT!  God is amazing.  If I had ignored the call to quiet time today I would have missed this opportunity to be blessed by Him and receive the affirmation that He is there for me in the good times and the bad.

This proud mom is tired.  (Yawn...)


God bless and good night,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment