Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Aha, Maybe We are Getting it After All!

It is a parents perrogative to chuckle about the incidentals in the life of their little one's, right?  We can find humor is so many things we encounter, leading to wonderful memories.  We must be careful though, to not embarrass our said little one's with our laughter. 

This morning Johnny and I were getting ready for the day and laughing once again about our home school lesson from a few days ago.  "nnn," "uuu," "ttt."   "ACORN!"   It still tickles us, well, me anyway, days later as we recall the story.

I walk out of the bathroom to see Caleb laying in bed, wide awake.  I think, hmmm, how long has he been awake?   He says, "mom, come here."  I walk over, lean down to look at him.  He says, "nnn," "uuu," "ttt."   "Nut."

Ah, yes.  Long enough, that's how long he's been awake.  I did my best to make light of the situation and express how proud I was that he knew how to sound out and spell nut.

Note to self...

"Self?"
"Yes?"
"In the future, watch what you say and when.  Okay?"
"Okay.  Sounds like a plan."

The bible tells us to do the same...

He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity."  Proverbs 21:23

A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.  Proverbs 17:27


God's blessings until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment