Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, November 5, 2010

Papalote's Wildlife!!

Barking dogs are often an indicator that something is going on around the house.  Some days it's nothing, or at least nothing that I can see with my own eyes.  Other times it's a sick racoon, a rattle snake in the middle of the yard, or a couple of wild turkeys romping through the back yard.  We've had an entire LARGE herd of cattle trapse past down the street and a couple of times our neighbors miniature ponies have come for a visit.   We can't forget the blue indigo snakes that randomly come to visit.   My most favorite animal to see in Papalote??    A teenage kangaroo.  Yes, KANGAROO!!    Deer, cattle, racoons, snakes, etc are all pretty common... But a kangaroo, not so much.  We later learned that the poor thing had gotten away from a nearby ranch.  When I saw it, it looked scared to death. I didn't think fast enough to get a decent picture, but my neighbor was with me so I have a witness! I wish Caleb had been big enough to understand what was there - he would have loved it!

Today we had a coyote.  Yes, in broad daylight.  He was out in the back pasture and not the least bit afraid of us.  I did my best to yell and try to scare him off, but he just decided to move a few more steps IN my direction.  Needless to say I scurried back to my porch and the safety of my back door if needed.  LOL   After a few minutes he was gone, disappearing into the brush.   

Then, the evening brought about two crazed deer.  We were heading home after dark (after soccer practice), in separate vehicles when I realized Johnny's vehicle was moving rather slow.  The reason?  Two deer were scampering along size Johnny's truck, on the road.  As he slowed down, they went ahead of him desperately trying to get through the ditch and over the fence to find their way into hiding.  They couldn't do it.  The eventually turned around and went past my vehicle.  I prayed that they could make their way back over the fence and we wouldn't see them dead on the road the next day. 

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.   Genesis 1:24-25

God created it all for us!  And to be an observer of His wonderful creations every day is a blessing!!
 
Love and hugs,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Love this...us city girls are learning a lot huh? Love the scripture you plug in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! City girls gone country! I was texting Johnny when the coyote was stalking me. He says, "see what you would have missed out on if you hadn't married me?"

    LOL

    ReplyDelete