Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"MMooommm, Come Here!"

I hear this a lot throughout the day....never knowing what to expect.  Most days is just simple request.  "I'm thirsty," or "Can I have a snack," or maybe it's to view the very interesting spider that has developed an intricate web outside our front door.  Today though was different. 

"Mom, come here," says Caleb peaking in through the front door.
"Ok, just a minute," says mom as she finishes her task and dries her hands on a towel.
"Mom, come here and see the snake!" says Caleb peaking his head through the door again.
"WHAT!  A snake!  Why didn't you say so the first time?"
"I don't know.  It's just a little one.  And it's gone now," replies Caleb.

On we go to investigate outside and try our best to lay eyes on the slithering creature once again.  "What color was it I ask?"  "Bright," he says.  "Yellow, or green."  Hmmm, maybe he's not really sure, I think, sounding a bit confused myself.  Maybe it was just a lizard I tell myself. 

Our outside search was futile so in the house and to the computer we went.  Google was our dear friend as we searched for snakes in Texas and found a few pictures.  Of course, none of them were the snake HE saw this morning.   Not the right color, they were all too big.  I tried to explain that I didn't need him to tell me the size, just the color of it.

Alas....a mom then worries every time she opens the door.  Will another snake find it's way into our house.  It's been a year now since the last time and I promise, Johnny, I will move if one takes up residence inside our home yet again.

The little-snake-that-we-never-found remains unidentified and hopefully never to be seen again.

Sigh....a day in the life of a country mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment