Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Made to Crave - Week 1

Made to Crave?  What exactly is that?  Well, it's a bible study by Lysa Terkeurst from Proverbs 31 Ministries.  God put this bible study on my heart back in December or January.   At that time, I wasn't sure I was going to do it, but I prayed about it and it really seemed God wanted me to share this with the ladies in my world.

I will admit I was feeling completely overwhelmed at the time planning the finishing touches for my precious daughter's wedding,  so I bravely asked God if it was all right for me to wait until after February 12th, and graciously He whispered, "Yes."  Not a verbal whisper as I have yet to actually HEAR the voice of God, but it WAS a whisper that left a peacefulness upon my heart allowing me to feel that my request was acceptable.

Wedding done.

Bible study planning begins.  The blessings poured out for me when I discovered the immense interest in this bible study by the women that surround me.  A sufferer myself of repetitive weight gain, dieting, and failure over the years is what brought me to embrace this study for myself.  I was overwhelmed, yet so very encouraged to find so many ladies very interested in what Lysa T. had to write about.  Craving God more than Food?  What a concept! 

What a blessing it was to have 22 or 23 ladies express interest.  Yet choosing a day and time was the tricky part.  My heart wanted everyone to get to participate.  How could I ever disappoint nearly 1/2 of them, no matter what time/day I choose?  The thought popped into my head, "have two sessions."   I'm thinking, "What?  Seriously? God, was that you?  Or me?"  But after the immediate, knee-jerk reaction, a calmness was present.  This can be done.  Share it with as many people as you can!

Today was our first session.  My heart and mind are full of all the shared moments from the groups.  What an affirmation that I am not alone in this struggle.  Each person present was there for their own reasons, yet we are one in this struggle.  A struggle that brings with it hurt, pain, stress, worry, emotions....the list goes on.  

Today I had an overwhelming feeling, that without a doubt, I was absolutely obeying my God by leading this bible study.   How exciting is that!  The feelings of being in obedience are greater than no other.

Father God, as I step out on this journey with these women, I pray that needs are met and voids are filled.  I pray that Made to Crave can be that salve for our emotions that are at times so raw and undeniably pain-filled.  I pray lastly that we can all grasp onto the faith I know we have, use it to our advantage, and "match our faith with our healthy eating pursuits."  I pray this for all these women, and the one's who couldn't make it today, but will be there next week...In Jesus Name, Amen...

God bless,
Pam






No comments:

Post a Comment