Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Perfect Day

Can you describe the perfect day?  I would guess, depending on the day, it would vary for each of us from day to day.  Today, I've had my perfect day.  Would you like to read about it?  I'd love to share!

It started with an earlier than normal rise this morning.  Not greatly, but a little earlier.  That's always a good feeling, not oversleeping or being lazy.  I commenced to work on a bit of laundry and then gathered my supplies for a new bible study I was starting today.  I'll have a post about that later.  Or, if I don't quite get through with this one, you might read it first.  Anyway, off to church Caleb and I go with great anticipation of who is going to be at the bible study.   There were nine of us I think.  A nice group.  Tons of blessings came from that gathering.

Caleb and I followed the ladies bible study with a lunch at Subway.  I chose the sandwich with the least calories!  Yeah for me!  Can't follow a bible study about craving God more than food with a nasty lunch.  Can't forget I had the apples instead of chips.  Way to go Me, {pat's self on the back.}   It was such a blessing to sit there with my little guy who was so full of conversation.  Additionally, he ate his lunch like a trooper.  Guess he was really hungry as he refused breakfast.

Time to go home.  What's on the list?  Feed the cows, do school for the day, water and fertilize the garden - - at a minimum.  Caleb likes to be in control so he decided that we would do school for the day first.  I'm good with that.  Even if it is because he wants it out of the way.  LOL

Awesome school day.  Initially?  Not so much, but a serious threat to have a good school day or NO golfing with dad later did the trick.  I saw improvement in Caleb's blending skills I had not yet seen.  I was very encouraged by that as I was starting to worry that it was me, the teacher failing.  No, he's getting it!  Yeah!!

Feed the cows.  Love doing that with Caleb.  He chatters the whole way and insists on carrying some hay - albeit a small armful, but I love it none-the-less.  Next we watered the garden.  Well, I said "we," but Caleb bailed on me and asked if he could go play some Wii.  Honestly, I was in such a good mood that I was fine with it.  I had 30 minutes of quiet, watering, fertilizing, and talking to God.  What could be better than that?

I've then spent some time writing some blogs - a couple for this one and one for my homeschool blog.  I didn't get around to the baking blog.  That will have to be for another perfect day.  ;o)

I had a cake on my to-do list for today, but just haven't gotten to that yet today.  A rather last minute order that I will get to.  I'm not even stressed.  Have a I said this has felt like the perfect day?  Oh, yes, I did.  How can I stress on such a day?

Later I will wrap up my day with the evening session of the women's bible study.  I can't wait to see what additional blessings come from that group.

This has been my perfect day.  I haven't had a day in such a long time that I felt I was doing everything the Lord had asked me to do.  What a peaceful feeling I have at this moment...

God bless each of you and I pray that your perfect day comes along soon!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment