Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, March 14, 2011

Mine Are Big!

I find myself nearly one month away from my last blog post.  Why is that you ask?  I've personally been dealing with some "THINGS" in my life that have taken up most of my thoughts and time as I have tried to dive into my prayers journals, seeking guidance and direction from the Big Man in charge of my life.  You would think that I would be a fountain of revelations as this point with TONS of stuff to share.  Honestly, I do have a couple of things bouncing around in my head, but they are not quite ready for paper, electronic or otherwise.

Not forgetting that the fact that posting on a blog is sometimes hard.  What should one say?  What is really blog worthy?  Will others find this as funny as I do?  It's a risk really.  Just step out there and see what happens.  Is it all really about being funny?  No, but sharing something one has learned or something that is inspiring is often the goal.

Well, I have a cute moment I've contemplated sharing for a couple of days, but will others think it's as cute as I do?  It isn't a learned experience, nor is it inspirational.  This one is something I just find funny.  Will you?  Not sure.  The topic itself is a bit awkward....Hmmmm....well, let's just see.

I woke up last Thursday not feeling very well - knot in my throat with a slight earache.  Decided to call the doctor since the weekend was fast approaching.  Snagged an appointment for 9 a.m. Friday morning.  Woke up Friday with an extremely sore throat, coughing, congestion, drainage, and earaches...you know the drill.  Right?  I'm off to the doctor first thing in the morning feeling very grateful I had called for an appointment.

Since I was already going to the doctor, why not get the most out of the visit, right?  If you have to toss out $65+ dollars, get what you can out of the situation.  I have some complicated female issues revolving around my cycles.  Okay - told you it was awkward - I promise, nothing specific will be shared, no embarrassing words will be used, but you have to know what the subject was in order to see the funny in it.

I'm sharing with my Dr., Ms. Rachel.  "I'm frustrated with my cycles.  Could I be peri-menopausal, blah, blah, another question? blah, blah, another description.   They are ridiculously long and {my hands go out in front of me displaying LONG}, and obnoxious...."

Only to be interrupted by a little voice in the corner of the room, that we both thought was deep in a game on my cell phone says, "Mine are BIG!"   The doctor's eyes look up to mine and we both hold back a giggle...

Isn't that just typical of a little boy to want to be bigger and better, no matter WHAT it is?  One day it will be fun to share this story and I'm sure he'll have very red cheeks in the process.

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment