Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Modesty is Definitely a Work in Progress

A sweet friend of mine, T., invited Caleb and I out for lunch the other day.  Living with a couple of guys these days, it was nice to receive an invite for a bit of girl time.  Honestly, it was one of the high-lights of my week.  Thanks T. for a fun time!

We met at the Kim Son Chinese Food Restaurant in Sinton.  It's relatively new and a nice treat to get once in a while.  Our low-carb lifestyle does not lend itself to an abundance of Chinese food, so like I said, it's nice for an occasional treat.

You know us girls, lots of conversation, revolving around lots of topics.  Watching T.'s little one be a sweet little girl was positively delightful.  And Caleb added his own personality to the lunch for sure.  I decided to share with T. a picture from my daughter's wedding of Caleb and his best friend Ella.  I have it on my cell phone as the wall paper because I LOVE the picture so much.  T. tells Caleb that it is such a good picture.  Without the least bit of modestly, he angles his hands out in front of him, sort of backwards pointing at himself and says, "because I'm so handsome?"

We both nearly died laughing.

Like I said, modesty is definitely a work in progress.  In our house?  We'd better get at it hard core!!

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment