Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Two Plus Three Make Five

Our homestead has a few new faces on it this week.  Be have a bull on loan, hoping to breed two heifers who have been around here for a year or more.  I'd have to look back to actually figure out when they came but it's long enough we've gone through our second winter with them.  Back to the bull.  He belongs to Johnny's brother, Harold.  We wrangled a couple of new heifers, twins matter of fact, and in that process received the bull on loan.


Here's the two "old" girls with their new buddy.  I have to say, those girls have never warmed up to us at all.  That bull's only been here a few days and I'm already able to rub the top of his head while he eats the feed.  Let's hope they are nicer to him than they are us and he can get his job accomplished while he's here.  ;o)


Aren't they just the cutest?  I think the red one is my favorite, but the white one lets me rub the top of her head.   ;o)  



So, there you go.  A peak at our new additions.  It's rather funny.  Our two "old" girls are rather quiet for the most part.  But, this younger bunch?  Not so much.  When morning comes they are calling out and demanding breakfast.  

Until next time I leave you with what I hear every morning, "MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOO."

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment