Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, December 6, 2010

What A Realization!

I found myself pulled into yet another season of The Biggest Loser.  I haven't minded this one so much as it hasn't been too cut throat and I hate it when the players get over the top crazy in their "game play." 

I watched the show when I was heavier and now that I've lost 37 lbs, I find myself still watching it.  Maybe it's because I haven't gotten to my goal weight just yet and it is somewhat inspirational, albeit not realistic for most of us.  Tonight I came to a major realization.  My Caleb Lynn weighs approximately 40 lbs, give or take 1/2 a pound on any given day.  When I pick him up I can barely lift him anymore.  It occurred to me as I watched the show this evening that I used to carry that much around with me EVERY day only it was spread out all over me.   I have this vision of wrapping Caleb around my mid-section and walking around with him.  Without much coordiantion I might add.

I didn't get to my heaviest weight by overeating.  I happened to have a health issue that caused me to gain 30 lbs in a very short amount of time.  Already being somewhat overweight, that sure didn't help.  The steroids that helped to make me well, worked vehemently against my weight.  What took 3-4 weeks to put on has taken me nearly three years to get rid of - - with off an on dieting.

After watching tonights episode, I pray that I will never need to take steroids again...I like my "new" self and have hopefully said good ridence to the over weight one!

Have a blessed evening!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment