Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Answered Prayer and God Moments

Life is filled with the good, the bad, the ugly, the sad, the spectacular, the norm, the over-the-top-what-am-I-really-doing in this place moments, and the best kind - - God Moments.  Today I'm particularly talking about the bad one's.  We all have them - you know the one's.  The moments we regret to the point we'd just like to crawl under a rock and stay there.  I had a few of them myself in recent weeks.  I say recent, but it was more like a couple of months ago.  I really can't go into much detail here, but let's just say I had a falling out with someone that was really important to me.  A falling out that I wasn't sure we'd ever recover from.  But, to my amazement, I discovered a hand reaching out to me today.  One I didn't think I'd see again.  

Okay - so it wasn't a "real" hand reaching out to me, but an electronic message.  I knew that this was as close as I was going to get and after reading it a few times, recognized it for what it was.  A God Moment.   He's been listening to my prayers - - well, gee, imagine that -- God listening to the prayers of little old me. But He did.

I take great comfort in knowing that even in the times when I think something is impossible and just cannot be fixed, God proves to me otherwise.  He is amazing after all!

Now, not ALL of my prayer has been answered.  But the first part of it has and in HIS time I know the rest of it will be answered as well because He has told me so.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  Mark 11:23

So, I will wait upon the Lord, and I will trust in Him.

Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.  Psalm 62:8


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment