Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Totally Random

Nothing like an out of place and totally random post!  Javelina, or wild hog?  I'm honestly not sure, as it could have been either really.  I do know it was dark black/brown and fortunately for me it was small.  I probably could not have picked it up without a struggle, but it was a baby.  And it charged right at me as I watered my garden yesterday.  I heard grunt, grunt, grunting (or maybe it was snort, snort, snorting) behind me and I turned to see it run head first into the fence we have around our garden.  It backed up and ran into it again as though determined to get through the wire!   I'm am seriously grateful for the fencing we put up because little thing was about 5 feet from me and would have run right into me had the fence NOT been there.

Just so you know, I was completely and totally caught of guard.  Being that I was watering the garden and my only "weapon" within reach was the garden hose, I decided to turn my sprayer nozzle in his/her direction.   The critter didn't care for that much and took a sharp turn to the right, finding the gap in the fence to the back pasture that the dogs like to use and disappeared into the brush.  Whew!

I'm going to be totally honest here.  The critter wasn't that big, but my hands were shaking.  I've heard stories from friends about wild hogs attacking humans and being quite aggressive.  My eyes scanned back and forth looking for mama.  I knew if baby was around, mama couldn't be too far behind.   I'm very grateful that she wasn't within my line of vision!!  At least not today!!

A wild hog...broad daylight....running through my yard....seriously?

What else can I expect to see out here?

One just never knows...

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment