Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Absolutely Gorgeous

I love March for a number of reasons, but one of them is because that is when my amarylis bloom.  They are absolutely gorgeous when they finally show themselves.  I've had them for 4-5 years now.  Last year, a hail storm came in and destroyed most of them.  I salvaged a bloom or two for the vase on my table, but that's just not the same. 

This year we had the threat of another storm.  No hail this time, just the possibility of heavy rain.  So, with a bit of creativity, I managed to protect them using a metal pail and a large plastic bin.  Hey, we do what we gotta do sometimes.

We managed to make it through the rain storm, but regretfully a day or so later the "in-like-a-lion-winds" made their appearance and toppled them over.  One stalk broke completely off - so in the house it went - yes, into a vase on the table.  The other stalk was okay so I used a couple of items from the garage to hold it up right until the blooms died off.  I usually have 4 plants, but this year only two of them bloomed. I guess I will have to see about sticking some more of these beauties in the ground.  But, maybe I should scout the grounds and see if a less windy area might prove to be a little safer.

I know, I know, the flower bed would look more impressive without the green weeds, but there is only so many hours in a day you know.  Hee, hee...

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment