Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Resurrection Sunday

What a blessed day!

We started our morning with the discovery that the Easter Bunny had indeed arrived!

We followed that with an Easter Egg Hunt and Caleb had the best time.  This was the first year the Easter Bunny did that for him here at our house!   He was pretty excited about it!

Then we were off to church.  It was my turn in the nursery for Easter Sunday.  You never know what to expect when it's your turn.  I've had some pretty EVENTFUL nursery duty experiences, but today was more the UNEVENTFUL sort, or, hmmm, let's say, JOYFUL sort.  I had my Caleb and sweet Ella, precious Piper, and the full of energy Aiden!   We had so much fun!  What sweet blessings for my heart...sigh...

After church was over we managed to get a few pictures.  The first one is of Oscar, Caleb, & Ella.  He'll be going off to college soon and it seemed appropriate to get a picture of him with his two best playmates!  C & E just LOVE Oscar!


Then I had him take a couple of our family....not everyone was here, but we took a picture of those in attendance today.



Then Miss E. wanted in the photo and how could we not take one of her!  She's as much ours as she is the Hopkins - - in our hearts anyway.  ;o)


And the two munchkins together...Always have to take one of those...


At our annual family Easter gathering the kids participated in another Easter Egg Hunt.  A little hard to get pictures, but I gave it a good try!  Here's Caleb and one of his best bud's, my grandson, H.  They love to hang out and play together!  I'm not sure what H. was looking at, but something distracted him!


My granddaughter A. was a little harder to nab a picture of this time as she didn't seem to be in the mood to pose - just wanted to find her eggs.  Can't say I blame her!


Definitely having some fun!!  Can't miss the big grin on his face!!


My adorable grandson, H.  He didn't mind a quick post for his pesky Grandma Pam!


Here are all the little one's as they investigate the eggs they found!!  You never know what you might find inside!!  

I also managed to get a picture of my two oldest boys...D. & R. together.  I asked them to pretend they loved each for a quick moment.  I'm guessing they really do and didn't have to pretend, too, much!  LOL  Sometimes I can't believe that my oldest son is a husband and a father!  I'm very proud of him and the amazing job he and M. are doing with their kiddo's...Grandkids are some of the most precious kids around!  Particularly mine!


Following the egg hunt was a delicious meal...brisket, potato salad, beans, veggies, fruit, and cookies!!  Yum, yum!!  Another Resurrection Sunday with sweet fellowship and big blessings of family time!  It seems we never get enough of that.  

I wasn't as on-the-ball with my camera this year as in years past.  My nephew Z. and his wife of less than a year, M. were there, complete with his broken leg.  My parents R. & D. were there, along with my brother R. and his wife S. (it was at their house, so I guess they would have to be there! LOL).  I'm wishing now I'd taken better pictures, but, it is what it is...

I pray you have a blessed week!
Pam





No comments:

Post a Comment