Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's All In The Dye!!

I have a confession to make.  Around Easter, or Resurrection Sunday as I should more accurately call it, I love to color eggs.  Well, actually, I enjoy watching my kids color eggs.  This is something we've done every year, no matter how many kids were in the house at that given time, ever since I had my first child.  This is a carryover from my own childhood as my mom always let my brother and I color eggs every year.

In my house, the younger the kids were, the more coloring I had to do, but when the oldest was old enough I let them be the leader and I'd just watch.  It always brought me such joy watching them get excited at the notion, asking twenty times or more if the eggs were boiling yet, if the eggs were cool enough yet, then watching them prepare the coloring, and choose which one they'd use first.   There were never enough eggs for coloring, it seemed.  It think they could have gone on coloring a hundred eggs if my budget had allowed it.

This year we're missing one person, Sissy, who is married, has her own home and as I recently discovered, colored her own eggs this year.  It would seem she is carrying on the tradition that I passed down to her.  ;o)  Does my heart good.

So, who was left?  My boys, of course.  I snapped a couple of photos of the process - - gotta have a picture for the memory book, or in my case, just for my memories as my photos rarely make it to albums anymore these days.

Teamwork (sorry, a little blurry, but they weren't in the mood for pictures and wouldn't pose for another):


Hard at work:


Caleb's Eggs:


Randy's Eggs:


Yes, it was fun this year, too....I would imagine that when my kiddo's have all left the house (or if Caleb decides at some point he's too big for coloring eggs), I will be coloring them myself.  This is a tradition that is going to be hard for me to let go of....

I wish everyone a blessed and peaceful Resurrection Sunday.  Let's remember that this holiday is not really about the coloring of Easter eggs and filling of Easter baskets.  Those things are definitely fun, but Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected three days later, and He lives today!!  Let's not let all the fun overshadow the seriousness of this time of year.  But, we can still have a good time with our families, eat good food, and thank God for each and every blessing received!

The Resurrection

After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.


There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.  His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.  The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.


The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here, he has risen, just as he said.  Come and see the place where he lay.  Then go quickly and tell his disciples:  'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee.  There you will see him.'  Now I have told you."


So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples.  Suddenly Jesus met them.  "Greetings," he said.  They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, 'Do not be afraid.  Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."     Matthew 28:1-10 

Tuck this scripture deep into your heart - - for HE HAS RISEN!

In His Precious and Holy Name,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment