Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time Away - Day Three

I woke up bright and early for some reason this morning.  I thought vacations were for sleeping in, and especially when it involves a Monday, but that wasn't the case for me today.  I laid in bed from 6:30 til 7:30 and then decided I might as well get up and get moving.  I am on vacation, but exercise is always a good idea.  I put on my workout clothes, tennies, pedometer, and took my cell phone before heading out the door.  Hills.  Ah, yes.  Glorious hills.  I made use of them this morning.  In 40 minutes I walked 2 miles, and ran "bleachers" on some cement stairs near the river bank.  There were 36 stairs, I went down and up, down and up, for 6 reps.  I loved working out in this fashion and felt so good afterwards for doing so!!  (Just before leaving for this trip I discovered I'd lost 2 lbs.  I had to do my best to keep that off!)

I didn't think Caleb would ever wake up this morning.  He slept like a ROCK all night long!  We finally had to shake him awake as John and I were certain our friends back home could hear our tummy's rumbling from here!  A egg and bacon breakfast for all from Taco Cabana seemed the best choice.  We followed that with a quick stop at HEB for a couple of things and back to the Condo.

We took a break for a bit, then the swimming pool was calling all our names.  Not a soul in the pool except for us.  (Yeah - no more glaring little boy!)  What a treat to have it all to ourselves!  We splashed about for a couple of hours, tossing a ball around, floating about with one of those styrofoam noodle things, and the best part?  Caleb started jumping off the side of the pool!  Face went under the water and everything.  He'd pop up and say, "Yes!" fist pumping.  LOL    What fabulous fun!





We wore ourselves out again!   I was quickly reminded what good exercise swimming actually is!  We  went back to the condo for a short nap.  Relaxing is always good.  Can I get an Amen on that?  Amen!

I don't have many pictures for you today.  Got a little lazy with the camera I guess.   Stomachs hungry again we decided to treat ourselves to our favorite meal, Shrimp Brochette from McAdoo's...



This has to be my most absolute favorite meal!!!  Ever!!!  Well, maybe that is an exaggeration, but I think from that you get the picture and understand that I really do enjoy this meal.  I substituted the dirty rice for a veggie medley, no bread, and dipped my fork in my dressing for each bite of salad instead of drenching it in calories.  After all the exercise this morning, I treated myself to 4 bites of, ah....sigh....yes....mmmmmmm, key lime pie.  Absolutely delightful!

As I type this now, we are watching "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler.  A silly movie that kept Caleb entertained until bedtime.

For now, I bid you all good night, and hope to write about our final morning in N.B. very soon!

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment