Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Amazima Ministries

I'd never heard of Amazima Ministries before I received this beautiful birthday present from my friend N.


I don't know about you, but I listen to a Christian radio station, K-Love, and some of the stories they tell and ministries they promote are helping people all over the U.S. and the World. So many of those ministries touch my heart, but I think, what can I do?  I'm one person.  Then I go on about my day until I hear the next radio spot announcing another situation that needs prayer and support.


When N. gave me this bracelet and then shared with me where it came from and the ministry it supports, once again, my heart was touched.  There was the answer to my question.  What could I do?  I can purchase gifts for people, that I was already buying anyway, from this incredible ministry.  Several blessings will come from it.  I will be blessed by giving a gift and from knowing that my purchase will help someone so desperately in need of help.  The receiver of the gift will be blessed with a beautiful bracelet and in knowing that it's purchase helped someone so desperately in need of help.


What is Amazima Ministries?  


It was a ministry founded by a 19 yr old young lady, Katie Davis, in 2008.  This organization feeds, educates, and encourages orphaned and vulnerable children and the poor in the country of Uganda.   In Lugandan, the language of Uganda, Amazima means "truth."


Amazima ministers to the people of Uganda in so many ways.  Education sponsorship, Masese Outreach,  Community Outreach, Vocational Projects, and Discipleship.

There is a lot of information about this amazing ministry.  Here is a direct link to their website if you'd like to read all about it for yourself.....


Or if you'd like to watch a youtube video - just give a quick click here and you can see in 1 minute and 40 seconds just how these women make this jewelry.  I am completely fascinated with it!!


What I would like to focus on is the one thing that K-Love keeps touching my heart with and that is sex-trafficking, prostitution, and slavery.  The names given to horrible issues prevalent in our world are so disturbing all on their own.  I can't, even for one second, think of what these women and young girls are actually going through on a daily basis.


The website says it like this:


"To empower women and give hope, Amazima initiated a self-sustaining vocational program for mothers in the Masese community by creating handmade, unique, Ugandan magazine necklaces. Each woman in the program makes beautiful necklaces (a lengthy process), which are sold in the United States. Because of their new jobs, these women have been able to turn away from work that was harmful and dangerous for themselves and their families such as prostitution, alcohol brewing, and trash picking. Women in this program also receive money management training and spiritual discipleship. Your support of Amazima's vocational programs builds entrepreneurship, restores dignity, and empowers the Ugandan people to work their own way out of poverty."


This is what I'm talking about.  A way WE can help!


If you are looking for that different, unique gift to give someone, why not consider a purchase from Amazima Ministries?   Your purchase will be a blessing in so many ways...


Walk with the King,


Momma/Pam


{cross post with Joy810}

No comments:

Post a Comment