Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Complete Mystery

Life is filled with mysteries.  Big one's like the mystery of God and all His glory.  And little one's, like the one we are experiencing in our garage.  Yes, garage.  I am completely baffled and I think I'm going to share it with you so you can be baffled along with me.

Here is a picture of the feed bags in our garage.  And what you see between them is a pile of feed.  Now, when I walked into the garage and saw all that feed on the floor of the garage I know my eyebrows scrunched up and I probably had a very puzzled look on my face.  HOW did all the feed escape its bag?


After a few minutes of hunting and feeling around, I found this...a very small hole.  About the size of a quarter.  I am stunned that THIS amount of feed can escape through a hole THAT small and make such a mess. 

Since taking this photo I have cleaned up piles of feed like this on at least four occasions and I know Johnny has cleaned up at least once also.  This pile was relatively small compared to some of the others I've taken care of.  It's like you clean up the mess and walk back in the next day to a mess that is equal or bigger in size than the previous one.  

Okay, so, I've seen mice in the garage.  I know they are there.  I've captured some and some have gotten away.  Tonight I even had one come OUT of hiding and stand there looking at me until I stomped my foot and scared it away.  Really?  They are getting that comfortable that they are willing to come out and have a chat?  

Ummm, no.  Not gonna happen.  I'm so sorry.  Don't call PETA on me, but really they are so destructive.  Look at the mess in these pictures.  Is that the work of a mouse?  Or several?  Seriously though, can something so small make such a huge mess?   I'm not certain.  But, I did set out some traps and if I can rid the garage of these critters and the messes stop, then we'll know......

If not, then I hate to think of what might actually be the culprit....Yeesh!!    I will not let my mind go there until necessary or I will find myself scared to even go into my own garage.

For now, enjoy the cooler weather, and say a little prayer that we find the answer to this mystery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment