Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Boat Ramp Exploration

I posted a short while back about our impromptu trip to Austin with Johnny.  On our last day, we had to check out of the hotel a little while before daddy was done with his meetings.  What could I possibly find to do, inexpensively, to keep a 6 yr old from being bored while we waited?

As it would happen, it had been a while since I'd been to this location and as we made our way towards the Bank, I missed our exit by 15 or 20 yards or so.  I was SO tempted to just back up along the edge of the highway to make it back to the driveway we needed to get into, but the cars were really flying by in that area and it was obviously not a safe thing to do.

So, I kept on going, made the next turn around, which brought me somewhat past where we wanted to be to turn around and back track.  As we made our way through the turn around, I realized we had the perfect opportunity to stop and kill some of the time we had to wait for dad.  This perfect spot?  The city boat ramp, of course.

Caleb had the best time.  For the first 5 minutes he was a bit timid around the water and the skimpy shore  it had.  But, it didn't take long and he was venturing out, climbing, and having the very best time!  Here are a few photos of our spur of the moment school lesson as this was around the time we were studying shells, beaches, oceans and waves.

Don't be surprised if you see this post on our home school blog as well....these were great pictures and I just couldn't decide where to share them...








My proud little man....

Walking with the King,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment