Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, October 14, 2011



Rubber boots.  Protective coverings worn to keep the feet dry.  Lots of people own them.  What is special about these boots?  There really isn't anything special about the boots as much as the reason I had to wear them.  

I don't traipse around often in these very attractive and stylish pair of boots.  (ahem, just kidding.  Even I know they are pretty ugly).  But, rubber boots are definitely for special occasions - - like, when it rains!  Yes, I actually said that.  Rain.  Whoop!  Woke up the other morning to a rain shower, resulting in - - dum, da, da, dummmmm.........wet grass!!!  We've been in a drought for a long time.  I think I heard it was ten months....I don't know but four months, six months, ten months - - it's all a long time.

God has been blessing us with snippets of rain over the last couple of weeks.  A lot of places all around us have been getting more, but God has given us a little -- one tenth here, five tenths there.  I for one am very grateful for each and every drop He sends our way.  We actually have bits of grass throughout the yard again.  Not pretty grass in the least, but it's green.  And anything that replaces the dry dessert yard we've had is a wonderful blessing.

What else do you see when it rains?

Things like:
Moss

Ugly mushrooms



Water in the bird bath

And more sweet rain lilies.

I can't say that I've ever just walked around outside, looking for things to take a picture of.  At least not until recently.  And honestly, I have to give homeschool that credit.  I'm always looking for things to show Caleb and incorporate into our day.

That morning?  A slightly cool breeze, wet grass from a rain shower....ah....blessings.  And God tells us He will send them, in His time......not ours.

"I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill.  I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."  Ezekiel 34:26

And rubber boots to keep my feet dry....I may have to get me one of those pretty stylish types.   Maybe a pair like these that I saw on Runway2Reality's website...


 Oh, yeah....now that's what I'm talking about.

Walking with the King,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment