Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Packs for Pups

It was a blessing and a pleasure to fill in for my brother and his wife last week while they were out of town.  Their small church has a sweet ministry that is just getting going called Pack's for Pup's...I think I spoke about it recently in my blog, but in case you missed it - - backpacks are filled with easy to serve food items for children whose parents are not around on the weekends to provide for them.  Or maybe just down on their luck and can use some help.

Right now they are serving 4 kiddo's from the Elementary school.  It was 5, but one child was moving without explanation and apparently in such a rush that the backpack will not be returned.  A sad story for sure.

Here's Caleb as he helped me sort and stack food to go into the backpacks.  Notice the very excited look on his face?  Just kidding.  This is what I now call the "blog-o-phobia-pose."  Can't you just see his wheels turning?  "Mom.  Come on.  Really?  Again?"






Very nice backpacks for a very sweet cause.  If you'd like to make a donation to Pack's for Pups, just email me at pam.parker04@yahoo.com.  I'll give you details on how to go about it.  I assure you that the funds will get to the right place - - turned into food for little ones that need it.  What greater pleasure can you think of would there be than to help fill a hungry tummy on the weekend when food is scarce?

"He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry."  Psalm 146:7

Walking with the King,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment