Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, May 27, 2011

Perks and Blessings

Being married to a guy that gets to travel occasionally for his job sometimes leads to sweet blessings and okay, let's just admit it - - fun perks!  We received another such blessing last week as Johnny attended a meeting in San Antonio.  Caleb and I were able to tag along and enjoy a few of the activities at this swanky hotel -- the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort - - while he sat in boring meetings.  ;o)

We arrived on Monday night, settled into our hotel room and Caleb anxiously awaited Tuesday when he could dive into the swimming pool!  He was chomping at the bit Tuesday morning and I was barely able to even get 1/2 a strawberry Poptart in him before we finally made our way down to the pool.

Unfortunately, my digital camera was having issues and having left my good cell phone in the hotel room thinking it wouldn't like coming into contact with water, a last resort was taking pictures via the camera on an old flip phone I'd taken with us.  I'm having a hard time getting those photos in a format that I can share them.  Text to newer cell phone, email to self, files won't email...you get the picture.  There are a couple of cute one's, too, and I'll keep trying because Caleb was having so much fun they are definitely worth sharing.  For now, fast forward to digital camera is finally working and you have these...

This is a photo of the back entrance to the hotel....did I say swanky?  Oh, yes, I believe I did...


They had a small "river" where you could ride an inner tube and float around the park.  I tried to capture a picture of a portion of the "river."   It would have been fun to have taken a picture of Caleb and I following the currant, floating side-by-side, but I wasn't comfortable asking someone to snap a shot of us.  Because then they would know I had a camera in my bag when we left it on the shore to go floating...


Spending time with Caleb was such a treat for me, but watching Johnny walk up to check on us a few times was definitely a bright spot in my day.   He surprised us at the pool, stopped to have lunch with us, and peeked in on us yet another time before we made our way back to our room.  I didn't think I would ever get Caleb away from the pools, but at one point I was so sleepy from all the sunshine I just had to force the issue.  And I was tired of being in a wet bathing suit.  LOL     Oh, and I can't forget to mention that the water was rather cold...Brrr....

It wasn't rocket science when evening came around and it was time for dinner.  Do we go out?  Or stay in?  Hotel restaurants are typically quite expensive, but this one had a few choices and we opted to stay in, but be somewhat conservative.  It was one of the most delicious meals I've had in a long time AND the portions were very generous.   

We tried to get Caleb to stand with me for a picture, but as you can see, he was in a squirrely mood...Couldn't even stand straight long enough for dad to snap a picture!!


Here's Caleb after a long day at the pool!


We found the game area and Caleb tried his hand at ping-pong against Daddy.  He made a few wise-cracks about having only ever played ping-pong on the Wii.  He gave it his best go for sure!



And a bit of tether ball with dad!!  Honestly, after having to entertain Caleb myself all day in a strange environment it was nice for me to sit back and let him soak up some fun with Johnny.


And of course we couldn't walk past the playground without giving it a run through.  This first picture probably looks like Caleb is just running along the bridge, but actually he was "running" in slow motion, moving his arms slowly....the camera nabbed it just right.  Anyone looking at this picture will think it's a cute picture, but when I look at it I laugh because I see Caleb, doing a slow-mo run to be silly and make me laugh!  Might I say, it worked!!



What happened on day two?  Well, more of swimming of course!!   Here's Caleb sitting on one of the unique park benches displayed throughout the hotel grounds.


And here you see Caleb having a great time at the pool.  He really enjoyed jumping through the water fall!!





Check out the swimming goggles!  Sissy bought these for Caleb and it took him until the 2nd day to WANT to give them a try!


I lost count how many time he jumped through the waterfall.  When it was time to go, he said, "mommy, can I jump through the waterfall, um, five, no twelve more times?"





Can you tell?  Caleb had a mouthful of water and projected it out and across the basketball!!

Check out those paddling legs!  I think he's going to love swimming lessons!  He starts those June 21st!!

I decided to let him out of his straight jacket, ahem, life jacket for a little bit.



Lastly, here are a few photos of some of the beautiful surroundings.  Most definitely a peaceful place to be.  And talk about courteous.  All the employees of the hotel were pleasant, greeted us with a smile, and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.  They truly make PR a priority.






It was an amazing 2 1/2 days.  So much fun, relaxing, and did my heart good!!  

Until next time!

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment