Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

My Mother's Day celebration this year started on Friday late in the day.  My sweet Johnny gifted me with some beautiful tulips.  He knows how much I love tulips and that they will always make me smile.


Due to scheduling conflicts, if I wanted to enjoy some time with my mom for M.D. we had to meet on Saturday.  It was decided we would all gather at I-Hop.  Isn't she beautiful?!


I guess it's a mother/daughter thing, but I had to have a picture with my baby girl, too.


We had a crowd at I-Hop and had to keep adding tables and chairs in order to get enough room for everyone.  What a blessing that was.   Mom and Dad, Allie & Aaron, John, Caleb, Randy and I, Melanie  & Zach, Dusty, Morgan, Hudson, and last but certainly not least, sweet Adison.

My Randy and Caleb surprised me with a new prayer journal...they wrote the sweetest message in the back of it.  Definitely something to be treasured.


Allie-Pop (sorry Allison....you'll always be our Allie-Pop) gave me a heart pendant  & necklace in which she has one to match.   It was a mother/daughter set and absolutely the sweetest gift.  I can say that because I bought one for MY mom and I.   A heart pendant, different than Allie's gift, but the same concept.  It's a bit scary how much Allie and I think alike sometimes.   I can't forget to mention the card from her.  It was so touching, brought tears to my eyes.

Mom and Dad shared photo's with all of us that they had taken for their 45th wedding anniversary.  What a wonderful gift!  Not to mention the sweet M.D. card they gave me.   Made me smile and touched my heart.

My adorable grandkids gave me a sweet "Grandma Plaque" and even made their own cards for me - - absolutely precious don't you think?





After lunch with the family, the boys and I went with Johnny to PetsMart.  We bought a Beta fish for Johnny's office, Randy wanted a Beta, and we decided to get a Koi for Caleb to put in the pond with the gold fish.  We made a quick stop at Johnny's office to leave the Beta and I asked to have a photo with my boys before we left.  Not the best picture of Caleb this time, who is normally quite photogenic.  He wasn't in the mood I suppose.



Johnny had this one on his phone.  Caleb's looks completely goofy in this one!  But, at least the sour faced look is gone!  LOL

The rest of Saturday is somewhat of a blur.  We had to get home, get freshened up and changed in order to get to a wedding for a special family we know.  S.J. Pinkston married L.S. and was it ever a beautiful reception.  Beautiful bride, handsome groom, delicious meal, and absolutely beautiful cakes!

My Mother's Day celebration continued on Sunday.  My precious daughter arrived at church with a beautiful arrangement of roses and mum's, topped with a Happy Mother's Day balloon!  To say she surprised me is an understatement!  Brought tears to my eyes.  My little girl knows just what to do to make her momma feel good.


We were all blessed with a M.D. service at church.  Our bunch followed church with a meal with some of my family.  Johnny wanted to take me out to eat at MY favorite place:


And Allie and Aaron decided to join us before going to spend some time with Aaron's mom for M.D.


The Railroad Seafood Station was honoring all the mom's with a beautiful red rose!  It was absolutely a perfect red rose, too!!

I am completely blessed.  A merciful God, loving husband and children, kind and caring parents...this Mother's Day is one to be remembered.

I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods.  I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.  I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.  As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.  Psalm 138:1-3

God bless,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment