Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, May 9, 2011

Leaping Lizards Batman!!

This is a post where I wish I had photo's to go with it.  But, it is one of those moments you will just have to close your eyes and pretend you see it with us!   Or, with one of us as the story will tell.

Caleb and I were walking across the walkway between the house and the garage when we decided to check on the new Koi we'd put in the pond last Saturday.  That little fish can SWIM!!  Speedy-Gonzales could be his name, but Caleb chose to call him Lightening - - of course, after Lightening McQueen from the Disney movie, "Cars."

We took a detour to the side of the house as the dogs decided to chase a lizard.  A pretty good size one from his nose to the tip of his tail.  I'd say the little-guy was about 7-8 inches long at least.  We hate for the dogs to catch them.  They will chase and chase and dig up my flower beds trying to find a lizard that has been long gone for ten minutes.

We're both bent over, looking at the lizard as he tries to hide on the side of the house around the edge of the  foundation.  The dogs can't see him, yet are pawing along the edge of the house/flower bed intersection.  I decide the lizard might be safe - - then they see him again.  I tell Caleb that I'm going in because I don't want to watch if the dogs get the lizard and decide to eat him.   I turn to walk away, take about 3 steps when Caleb screams out to me, "Mom, the lizard just jumped off my NECK!"

I'm looking at him, like, seriously?!?  He is laughing and smiling so hard I can't help but grin at his enthusiasm.  He's not freaking out....He thinks it's funny....We're good.  I asked him if he's sure and he says, "yes, mom, he was on my neck and just jumped off me to the ground."

The best we can figure out is that when we were peering at the edge of the house trying to spot him that last time, he'd run away, up Caleb's body to hide!   With the wind whipping us around like it was, he didn't even know he was there until he took that flying leap to get away!

Just another silly moment from Parker-life in Papalote!

Smiles,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment