Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, September 22, 2012

2nd Soccer Game of the Season

Soccer game #2 is behind us.  If you go by the score, no, the Rattlers did not win.  The score was something like 4 or 5 or maybe 6 to 1.   But, if you go by the amount of effort and heart put into a game, well, then they won hands-down.  

I'm not a parent to fuss and complain when my child loses.  I'm disappointed for them, but sometimes we win in life and sometimes we lose.  And honestly, team sports are tough.  It will be a rare day that we play against all honest, God-fearing people.   In this game he played against a really tough team.  They were a little bigger and seemed a bit more experienced.  Nothing wrong with any of that.  I would normally say that is a good time for character building and is an opportunity to learn more of the game.   I just wish those kiddos' played a little more fairly.  And it might have helped if we'd had a referee with a little more experience.  

With all that said......I am very proud of how our kids handled themselves.   They ran their little hearts out.   Unfortunately, our referee wasn't clear on how to keep the time for the game and our little soccer players played a 45 minute first half, with a short break in between the quarters, and then an 8 minute or so second half.  They entire game was supposed to last about 45 minutes.  They were red-faced and completely exhausted.

So, here are some high-light's from the game.  Oh, I think I forgot to mention that the one goal our team did score was made by Caleb!!  Yeah!!  GO CALEB!!


Here is a photo just before scored.  He's there on the left side of the photo.....He zipped on around and kicked the prettiest kick and the ball went straight into the goal.  Ummm, well, camera went down and into my lap because I was too busy cheering, so I did not capture the goal itself.







Until Saturday next,

Momma/Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment