Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, December 26, 2011

General Update

Wow - so much has been going on this time of year and no time for blogging.  This post will be my attempt to catch you up on the Parker household.

I had plenty of baking orders to keep me busy these last 2-3 weeks with four birthday cakes, 8 dozen cupcakes, and 24 dozen cookies.  It was a lot of work, but it seemed to bless others and that something I like to do.  Here are a few pictures of some of my projects.









We had a bit of fun surprising my mom with home made Christmas ornaments this year.  She was blessed by all of us for sure, but I was just as blessed from seeing the smile on her face.  She was so surprised and the fact that all the ornaments were homemade made it even more special.  If you'd like to read about "Operation Ornament" just give a click HERE.

Did I say this month was filled with blessings?  Well, if I haven't let me say it....it was so filled with blessings!! &nbsNp;Ha!!  December also brought the opportunity to reconnect with family.  My daughter Christy and her lovely family came for a weekend visit.  For clarifications sake, for readers who don't know this, Christy is my step-daughter.  So, no, I did not have a child when I was 14 years old. Hee hee.  But, we've been a part of each others lives for so long the step sorta went to the way-side a while back.  When she asked me a month earlier if they could come stay with us the weekend before christmas I was thrilled at the notion.  Our time together was so wonderful. You can check out the details of our visit HERE if you'd like.

Our homeschool group, along with a few extra kiddo's, went caroling at the nursing home and to shut-ins on the 20th of this month.  That is always a blessing.  The group has been going for 5-6 years now and this was our third time to join them.  If you ever think your life is filled with problems and issues more than you can bear, just visit a nursing home.  The experience will definitely put things into perspective for you if you need it.  If you'd like to hop over to my post with pics about that day, just give a click HERE.

December has been a blessing filled month.  I'm so grateful for this time of year and all that it has to offer.  It is the month that honor our Dear Saviors Birth.  Jesus Christ, the One who then died for our sins.  Let's remember that while December means Christmas and gifts and parties and presents.  More importantly it means to remember Jesus - the REASON for the season.

Walking with the King,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment