Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What a Response!

Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, took a stand and "blew the trumpet" that initiated this day of prayer.  If you're interested, go to the website and see what information is available now that the event is over.  The Response:  A Call to Prayer for a Nation in Crisis.  I heard they were going to try to have the recording there for anyone who missed the actual event.  I haven't verified that for myself though.

This day of prayer was beyond anything I had ever imagined it could be.  I listened to jokes being made beforehand (myself included) about having to be there ALL day, SEVEN hours, and FASTING!  Really?  They were jokes, but maybe they weren't.  It's possible there was a tiny part of me that wondered, can I really fast for 7 hours?  Can I really sit, pray and worship for 7 hours?  


I was completely intrigued by this event and new I wanted to be a part of it in some way.  So did Johnny.  He suspected once we were there that we would become so involved in it neither of us would want to leave.  We had Caleb to worry about.  We couldn't decide....take him?  Take turns staying home?  What to do?   I guess I decided I would go first and then John said he and Caleb would follow later after I "checked out the turf," so-to-speak.  He was right.  It was so powerful....it didn't take me long to "text" him and encourage him to come.  I knew we'd just have to figure out the "Caleb thing" as we went.

The prayer, the worship in song, the visual of watching 30,000+ people, (via our satellite connection,) inside the stadium, praying, dancing, arms raised, eyes closed.....totally uninhibited with their surroundings, was a Wow-God moment for me.

God was present.  The Holy Spirit was present.  I cried.  Time and time again, I cried.  I even hit my knees praying and crying.  I don't know how anyone could not feel it?  The Power of God present and accounted for amongst us all.   Completely overwhelming, that's what it was for me.  I've been in situations where I felt the Holy Spirit moving; moving me and my heart.  But this was different!

I felt the sense of brokenness all around us for the mess our country is in.  My own feelings of brokenness came to the surface as well.   All this brokenness, begging to be delivered into the Hands of my Lord.  Talk about intense....I pray that I can leave them at the foot of the cross.

At the same time though, I've never been so encouraged to see so many people praying for repentance, to end abortion, for Israel, our nation, for our leaders, for the 1st Commandment and so forth.  I'm certain we made a difference, our prayers made a difference, and that God heard our plea.

I'd teased Johnny earlier in the week, "are you ready honey?  that's just what you want to do ALL day on your birthday, right?....pray and fast!"  LOL  LOL  Now that I think about it, it really wasn't that funny.  But, you know what?  In hindsight, I can't imagine a BETTER way to spend my birthday than praying and fasting.  

For our God is good.  He is an amazing God.  He can fix this nation if we will turn to Him and let Him do His work.  If our leaders would seek His counsel.  If we would all continue to pray, pray without ceasing.

- To Gov. Perry I say thank you and God bless you for the courage you displayed to take this stand!  

- To all the others who spoke and/or led the transitions between prayers and topics I say thank you and God bless!  

- To the worship leaders who sang to the Lord with all their hearts, I say thank you and God bless!  

- To the people who showed up and prayed with all their mights - may God bless each of you in a mighty way.  

- To my pastor, his wife, my husband, and other church family that prayed with and along side me today, I say thank you and may God bless you abundantly for your devotion to Him on this day of prayer.

In His Precious
and Holy Name,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment