Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Croquet Anyone?

One of Caleb's birthday presents, (from his best friend Ella, matter-of-fact,) was a croquet set.  He didn't look real excited after he opened the gift.  I knew why though.  He had no clue how to use all those pieces he saw all packed nice and neat within the zipper pouch. (Add to that at least 30 people sitting around him expecting a reaction.)  I knew once it was out of the package, and after a bit of explanation, he would be all about it....And I was right!  He begged and begged until Daddy finally had some time to set it up.  


The ground was incredibly hard, but Daddy managed to get the hoops to stand up long enough to play. 
I've not played a whole lot of croquet in my lifetime, but I will admit that I've never seen it played while RUNNING.  Checkout this photo!  Caleb is running and trying to whack his ball through the hoop!!!  I love it!   Happy Gilmore style of Croquet!   LOL
Here is Caleb attempting to right the pole and if you look around him you can see ALL the hoops laying on the ground.  What can I say?  He had his own rules and one of those was to knock over the hoops right after his ball emerged from them!  I'm sure his thinking was that would stop anyone from having a chance on beating him!!
Silly guy!  Fun to watch a first time croquet game.  The rules of the game weren't much into play this time around!!

Warm fuzzies,
Pam 

No comments:

Post a Comment