Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, September 26, 2011

Treasured Moments

I'm so excited to share an awesome blessing from today.  It's a special moment that I'm going to tuck in my heart and when things in life get rough I'm going to think back on THIS day to help me remember all the GOOD!!

I've been gathering some outfits for my granddaughter A. for the last little while.  I wanted her to have a few new outfits from Grandma Pam to wear when she went back to school.  I bought a couple of things for my grandson H. also and wanted to keep things as fair and square as possible.

Well, sadly, it turned into a bit of a fiasco as the items I ordered (online) did not come in the right sizes.  I had to reorder, swap things out, and get it all worked out.  Finally, long after all the kids have gone back to school, I had all the items I needed in the right sizes to give to her.

So, with sort of an impromptu visit today, I met up with my grandkids A. & H. at the library.  My sweet daughter-in-law, M., let me steal some of their time so that I could deliver the clothes.  I have to say I received one of the best greetings ever from precious A.  I saw her in between an aisle of books.  I bent over and said, "hey you," in a soft voice.  She turned, looked at me, eyes got big and she quickly discarded her armful of books, ran and leaped into my arms.  Talk about melting a Grandma's heart!!

We made our way to their table and she told her mama, "look who I found!"  ;o)   We had such a fun visit looking at all the library books they'd gathered into piles.  I heard my grandson H. reading a story and helped him find a book about fire bellied toads.  He has one for a pet you see, and he wanted to read and learn about them.

Needless to say, our wonderful visit had to come to an end.  A. had gymnastics and I had to get home to my guys and make dinner as they were wearing themselves out at soccer practice and were sure to be hungry!

I left their library today with a smile a mile wide...nothing like precious grandkids to put your life and all its complications into perspective.

This is a fun picture I took in July.  Left to right is my son, granddaughter, son, and grandson.....(On that day Caleb managed to borrow H.'s hat during our time together for lunch...)



"Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children."  Proverbs 17:6

Walking with the King,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment