Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Time for Something New

Well, it finally happened.  My three plus year old digital camera bit the dust.  I guess I should more accurately say it didn't completely die, but the LCD screen quit working.  So, with a pitch black screen, I'd take pictures and pray that I was at least getting something worth using.  It was proving to be quite complicated to use and honestly, if the screen was giving out, how much longer before the entire thing gave it up?

I'd been saving my baking money because I knew for a while now I wanted a new camera.  It wasn't a necessity until mine started acting up.  I'm not sure even that qualified it as a necessity though.  LOL Honestly, cameras are not high on the priority list of things to purchase, nor did we have money in our budget to set aside to buy Pam a camera just because she wanted one.  Luckily, I had a rush of cookie orders that aided in my endeavour and pushed me into qualified camera purchasing mode.  And because I knew I wanted something a little nicer than one I'd had for three years, it required a bit of patience on my part to get to this point.  With this blogging thing, well, nice pictures make it more worth while.

I was quite overwhelmed at the variety of cameras out there, as well as how much they cost.  So, I spent a little time researching on-line, going through Consumer Reports, and went to a couple of stores before settling on a Sony Cybershot HX100V.  My sister-in-law has a Sony and loves it.  Besides, how can you go wrong with a Sony?  My brand was new to the shelves at Best Buy and the clerk said they were having a hard time keeping them in stock so had recently ordered a large quantity of them.  Okay, so they probably tell everybody that to make a sale, but it had most of the features I wanted and was in my price range.  I did not have $1000 or more to spend on a camera, but so far I am quite happy with the results.

Here are a few photos I've taken....this isn't the best showing of the quality of picture the camera takes.  If I left them at their natural quality, I'm afraid it would take too long for my blog post to open for you to even read it.  So, I've reduced the file size a bit.








Not sure of the quality on this one since I reduced it, but Caleb put on his clown nose and I couldn't resist snapping a shot.  The library gave him the clown nose for registering for the summer reading program.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine he would ever put it on, much less let me snap a photo of him wearing it!!


So, wish me luck as I practice and learn what all this camera can do.

God bless, 
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment