Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways
acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Inspirations of 2010

I like to keep up with the Baby Bangs blog.  What a godly, christian perspective this young mom has.  She just so happens to be the daughter of another godly, christian woman, Beth Moore.  An individual who loves the Lord in a BIG way.   If I could be like her, even just 10%, man would my love relationship with Christ be even more awesome than it already is. 

I was glad my dear friend at blog Mommy on the Farm shared Baby Bangs with me.  I've enjoyed reading it so much - that is, when I take time to sit down and read someone else's blog.  Well, Baby Bangs author wrote a post about the top 10 people who inspired her in 2010.  She ended her post by asking us, who was our inspiration in 2010? 

With that, I decided at her prompting to ponder my own inspired list and create this post.  As I start writing, I can't even think of more than four, much less ten.  Let's see where this post carries me...

1)  My soul mate, Johnny, has to be my biggest inspiration of 2010.  What a godly man he is.  He loves the Lord and takes his Christian walk very seriously.  I can always count on him to give me a biblical perspective when I need it.  And even sometimes when I don't want it!  LOL  

2)  My mom has inspired me in a much different way.  You've heard that saying, If life hands you lemons, you make lemonade," haven't you?  Well, that's my mom.  Life handed her many lemons in 2010 (including the end of 2009) and she just kept on making lemonade.  Holding tears in check she made the very best of every situation that life handed her.  I can only strive to be as strong a woman to endure so much and keep on smiling.

3)  My dear friend N. from church.  She has an illness that is taking away her vision.  In 2010, it worsened affecting her vision, along with her spirit, but only for a little while.  How she inspired me?  Her positive outlook on life is completely catchy.  Her down moments are minimal and she uplifts my spirit when she walks into the room.  I wish I had that same affect on others.

4)  Ms. J. at church inspires me to great lengths.  She has to be the sweetest lady I've met in a very long time.  She is a Hurricane Katrina evacuee to Corpus Christi.  If life didn't give her a bunch of lemons to share with my mom, I'm not sure who it gave them to.  She is always so positive and uplifting.  To hear her "Amen's" at church warms my heart and lifts my spirit.

5)  K-Love Radio inspires me.  Does that need an explanation?  Probably not.  But, it seems that no matter when or where I am, they are always playing just the song I need to hear.  God is definitely in that for sure.  I'm glad they are on the air and I'm proud to be a supporter.

6)  Lisa from K-Love.  She inspired me big time.  She struggles with weight loss much as I have.  It seems her weight was even about like mine.  God dropped an idea in her heart and she used it to lose weight.  For every pound lost, she wanted to send $1 to Compassion International to help fund food kitchens in India that feed hungry children.  I joined her cause and she lost 28.6 lbs, with her goal being 30 lbs.  She raised almost $7500 for Comp Int'l.  That inspires me greatly.  Wish I'd thought of it!!


7) The guy at the Whataburger drive-thru window.  No, seriously.  I did one of those Make a Difference Monday's that K-Love radio talks about. Only it was a Tuesday.  Does that matter?  Probably not.  Make a difference Tuesday sounds pretty good, too.  Anyway, I wanted to pay for the meal for the car behind me.  The reaction from the guy at the window was incredible.  Not only was he completely shocked, but he told me, "Ma'am?"  (yes, he called me ma'am and made me feel old, but that's okay.)   "Ma'am, no one has ever done this before.  You have made my day!"   And with that remark, HE made my day for I felt more from how I probably inspired him than the fact that I just paid $6.49 for someone else's meal.  Totally worth it, wouldn't you say?


And this is where my brain moves into granny-low.  LOL   I am certain I was inspired more than 7 times in 2010.  But, my memory is so foggy.  This year I hope to keep a journal and record more of those inspirational moments to share...


In the mean time, who has inspired you?  Maybe not in ALL of 2010, but at any moment in time.  I would love to hear who or what has inspired you...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment